Friday, June 26, 2009

Just Dance


June 26 2009
Yesterday was much better than the day before. We did our normal routine and got up to go to Cape Deaf. I didn't go to my classroom, but instead went with Lea and Esther to the cafeteria to do art. We did that for an hour and then attended a sign language class with other teachers. We learned random words like strong and dark, but it was fun.
The best part of the day came next. Dancing. Of course. I learned one of their traditional dances and then taught my own version of hip hop, the macarena, and the electric slide in one combination. They were the quickest learners I have ever taught. Granted, they were in the dance club. But it was so great to please so many kids and see all of them having such a blast.
We had lunch when we came back (a new selection of food) and that night, had dinner at Elmina Beach Resort. The food was amazing. I had potato soup, fruit salad with the best pineapple ever, cake, and a pina colada. Eating on the beach was so calming.
We are trying to acclamate to the school system so we can use our time constructively without being overly frustrated. We are trying to understand and be more positive. Today we are going to visit a pre-school dance class!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow it's sounds like there are a lot of ups and downs out there! I'd be frustrated too in that situation- it sounds like you handled it very well. And it's great that you got to share you passion for dancing with the kids, I'm sure they got a lot out of that!
Keep on writing! I love your entries!